From the first knot tied to final hours of service performed, the Scouting experience is a journey like no other. Scoutbook ensures not a moment is missed – tracking advancement, milestone achievements and all the fun along the way. Beginning January 1, 2019 Scoutbook will be provided to all registered scouts, parents and unit leaders.
|Los Amigos||Tony Phoenixfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Del Mar||Marcos O’Rourkeemail@example.com|
|El Capitan||Tan Luufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Orange Frontier||Joe Lumemail@example.com|
What is Scoutbook Lite?
- Internet advancement will be retired and replaced by a new online tool called scoutbook Lite. It will be roll out in 2019.
- Scoutbook Lite will have the ability to sync advancement record form third party software.
- Scoutbook Lite will feature roster, advancement import and create reports.
- Scoutbook Lite will feature new user interface and optimized to whatever device you use such as desktop, tablet and smartphone.
Who can register as a Scoutbook user?
Scoutbook is designed specifically for registered unit leaders, registered Scouts, and parents or guardians of registered Scouts.
How do I subscribe?
Visit Scoutbook.com to register; however, there may be more information provided beginning in January 2019.
Is training available?
Yes. Training resources are available once you are logged in at Scoutbook.com, and additional training is in development. More information will be in Scoutweek and announced at your district roundtable. Click here to view the calendar for upcoming live training presentations.
What do I need to know about Scoutbook?
- Starting 2019, Scoutbook will be provided to every registered Scout, parent and unit leader.
- Internet advancement will be going away, Scoutbook database will be the DATABASE of record for advancement data.
- For Scoutbook and when properly sync (advancement sync), it will be automatically upload advancement to Scoutnet.
- The advantage of Scoutbook is when you record advancement earned, it automatically record at council and national level as well as shown in each youth Scoutbook account.
Can I port my third-party unit-management vendor data to Scoutbook?
There will be no need to port data from other third-party vendors because Scoutbook will link to all unit membership data.
Can I still use other third-party unit-management vendors once Scoutbook launches?
Although Scoutbook will be made available to all units, they may continue to choose other third-party applications. However, Scoutbook will be the only unit-management system fully integrated with the BSA database.
Can I get more information on Scoutbook?
For useful presentation on how to create an account, how to get started for unit leaders & parents and recording advancement, please visit this resource site. Also, there are other helpful videos and PDF presentations.
Click here to view more resources and training opportunities.