The Orange County Council’s Commitment to Safety
We want you to know that the safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, and employees is an important part of the Scouting experience. Youth develop traits of citizenship, character, fitness, and leadership during age-appropriate events when challenged to move beyond their normal comfort level, and discover their abilities. This is appropriate when risks are identified and mitigated.
The Scouting program, as contained in our handbooks and literature, integrates many safety features. However, no policy or procedure will replace the review and vigilance of trusted adults and leaders at the point of program execution.
Commit yourself to creating a safe and healthy environment by:
- Knowing and executing the BSA program as contained in our publications
- Planning tours, activities, and events with vigilance using the tools provided
- Setting the example for safe behavior and equipment use during program
- Engaging and educating all participants in discussions about hazards and risks
- Reporting incidents in a timely manner
OCC Enterprise Risk Management Committee
Meets monthly with the mission to:
All District RM Committee Chairs are ad hoc members of the Council Committee and as such are encouraged to attend the meetings held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at the William Lyon Homes Center for Scouting.